As we struggle to navigate these unprecedented events, we have the opportunity to ensure that future generations understand our COVID-19 experiences. PPHM is asking our community to submit their experience. Use the form link and information below to submit your photos, essays, videos and other material.
How can you take part?
- Through written accounts of your thoughts and experiences during the pandemic. These could be essays, journals, or other narratives, describing your day-to-day activities, your reaction to local and national events, and your thoughts on the future.
- Through photographs and other graphic works that show the response of your community.
- Through audio or video that record the effects of the pandemic.
- Through documents produced in response to the pandemic.For example, personal diaries, printed notices from local institutions, signs, newsletters, posters, etc., anything that demonstrates the changes imposed on our lives.
- It may be hard to know where to start, click here for helpful tips!
- Context is important to historical records. Provide as much information as possible about yourself and the documents you are providing.
- Places, dates, identification of images will aid greatly when interpreting these items.
- Be mindful of privacy issues. Please do not submit any medical or health-related information about yourself and others.
- Do not submit any non-original material under copyright.
How can I contribute items?
Digital files in a variety of formats may be submitted using this online form below (click the link to be taken to the form). If you have a very large file, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for help in sending this to our Archives.
Physical material may be mailed to:
Panhandle-Plains Historical Museum Research Center
WTAMU Box 60967
Canyon, TX 79016
Please read and include a completed release form with all submissions. The museum will continue to accept submissions as life under the pandemic evolves.